This small black and white photograph of the Antlers Hotel in Little Falls, Minnesota, shows an oblique view of the front and west façades of one of the grandest structures ever to have existed in the city of Little Falls. The hotel, which opened in 1890, changed ownership several times and was occasionally unoccupied. The building was finally demolished in May of 1952. Nichols’ Headlight, Souvenir of Little Falls and Morrison County Minnesota, published in Chicago, Illinois, in November 1899, described the hotel as “…the finest hostlery in the State outside the Twin Cities”. The original cost of the hotel was $68,700. The hotel boasted steam heat, electric lights, expensive furniture and Brussel carpets.
The Charles A. Weyerhaeuser Memorial Museum – Little Falls, MN, U.S.A.