The Morrison County Historical Society (MCHS) has 2 computers available for public access to the internet at The Charles A. Weyerhaeuser Memorial Museum. These computers were purchased in 2012 as part of the Digital Access to Morrison County History Resources project. This project was financed in part with funds provided by the State of Minnesota from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the Minnesota Historical Society.
MCHS has adopted the following policies related to its public access computers:
- By using the public access computers at The Charles A. Weyerhaeuser Memorial Museum, the user agrees to abide by these policies.
- Because the mission of the Morrison County Historical Society (MCHS) is the preservation and sharing of Morrison County history and MCHS has a limited number of public access computers, the use of these computers is limited to research related to Morrison County and Minnesota history. General internet surfing, gaming, and checking personal email and social media accounts are not allowed on these computers.
- There is a one-hour time limit per user. If no one is waiting for a public access computer when a user has been on it for one hour, staff discretion will determine whether the user can continue for an extended period of time.
- Users are not allowed to change administrative settings or install, download, or update software on public access computers. If users willfully engage in the aforementioned activities, they will lose the right to use the public access computers. Staff is available to assist with pop-up messages related to administrative settings and software updates.
- To protect public access computers from viruses and other malicious bugs, no outside storage devices (flashdrives & etc.) are allowed.
- Images from the digital microfilm reader can be emailed to a user’s personal email account or printed on the MCHS photocopier. Printed photocopies are charged at the usual rate. Emailed images are charged at the same rate as printed photocopies (i.e. a printed letter-size copy costs 20-cents per page, an emailed letter-size image document is 20-cents per document).
- The browsing history, cache, and saved passwords will be cleared from public access computers at the end of each work day.
- These policies may change at any time without notice
PLEASE ASK STAFF FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE PUBLIC ACCESS COMPUTERS IF NEEDED.
**Staff will also assist in troubleshooting problems and managing pop-up messages.