The Morrison County Historical Society is seeking a part-time, temporary Collections Assistant / Registrar. The position description is below. Applications are due on August 23, 2021, by 11 p.m. CST.
This position is funded through a Laura Jane Musser Fund grant.
Part-time, Temporary – 480 hours total from mid-September 2021 to June 24, 2022. (Approximately 11-12 hours per week.)
This is a grant-funded position.
Compensation: $17 per hour
Temporary employees are not eligible for museum benefits.
Start Date: Tentatively September 13, 2021
End Date: June 24, 2022
Employee will be expected to accurately identify, research and catalog three-dimensional artifacts, documents, photographs, & etc. that are part of the Weyerhaeuser Museum’s collections-in-waiting (more commonly referred to as “backlog”). Employee will then correctly box/shelve artifacts in the collections storage areas.
- Responsible for accessioning artifacts, which includes researching, identifying, describing, and photographing object before entering information into collections digital catalog.
- Responsible for assessing the best storage option for accessioned artifact, boxing and shelving object, and recording storage location into collections catalog.
- Experience in researching, identifying, describing, and photographing artifacts to common museum standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in museum studies, history, or relevant field.
- Experience with PastPerfect or similar collections software.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Ann Marie Johnson, Preservationist, at the Morrison County Historical Society, PO Box 239, Little Falls, MN 56345 or via email to email@example.com by 11 p.m. on August 23, 2021.