The Charles A. Weyerhaeuser Memorial Museum will be reopening again February 4, 2021, after the latest pandemic closing by the State of Minnesota. We’ll be once again open by appointment only in order to limit the number of people in the building. Appointments can be made Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
To make an appointment, call 320-632-4007. Please leave a message and someone will get back to you. Appointments can also be made by email at email@example.com.
The museum will be following its Stage 3 procedures for the pandemic, which feature the most stringent precautions for preventing the spread of the disease while still allowing for visitors.
- Visitors are required to schedule an appointment 48 hours before they intend to visit. This includes researchers and visitors for the exhibit areas. There will be time limits on scheduled visits, which will be communicated during scheduling.
- Staff and visitors are required to wear masks while in the museum.
- Staff members, volunteers, and visitors are to keep a physical distance of 6-10 feet.
- Visitors who are symptomatic are not allowed to enter.
- Temperature checks may be conducted on visitors using an infrared thermometer by museum staff before visitors enter the building.
- Household units of 8 or fewer allowed access to the museum exhibits at one time.
- No more than 2 researchers (related or not) in the museum at one time.
- Common surfaces will be disinfected after each group of visitors per public health guidance. Deep cleaning of the museum will be done as needed during the pandemic.
In addition, museum staff will be collecting data from visitors in order to assist with contact tracing should staff or visitors test positive for COVID-19.
To schedule a visit, call 320-632-4007.