61. Charles A. Weyerhaeuser (1866-1930). Lumberman and businessman. Charles A. Weyerhaeuser, with his business partner Richard Drew (R. D.) Musser (see below), operated the Pine Tree Lumber Company in Little Falls, Minnesota. Charles managed the operation of the mill and dealt with personnel issues while R. D. took care of the financial side of the business. Established in 1890 with the purchase of the Little Falls Lumber Company on the east side of the Mississippi River, the Pine Tree Lumber Company quickly grew to become the second largest mill in the Northwest. Soon after it was established, a new sawmill was built on the west side of the river (the present location of Larson Boats and LeBourget Park). This site became the company’s main base of operations.
The Charles A. Weyerhaeuser Memorial Museum is named in honor of Charles A. Weyerhaeuser.
62. Maud Moon Weyerhaeuser (1876-1965). Frances Maud Moon married Charles A. Weyerhaeuser on December 14, 1898. The Weyerhaeusers had two children, Sarah Maud and Carl. Maud Moon was a talented musician and active community member. She was prominent in the organization of the Musical Art Club of Little Falls. On March 3, 1919, the Maud Moon Weyerhaeuser Hall was dedicated as the permanent home of the club. The hall was a gift of Mr. and Mrs. Weyerhaeuser to the community. The Weyerhaeuser family stayed in Little Falls until 1919/20 when the Pine Tree Lumber Company closed. After the death of Charles in 1930, Maud Moon married Bruce W. Sanborn. The Sanborns had four children – Conradine, Eunice, Theodore and Bruce W., Jr.
63. Richard Drew Musser (1865-1958). Lumberman and banker. Richard Drew (R. D.) Musser, with his business partner Charles A. Weyerhaeuser (see above), operated the Pine Tree Lumber Company in Little Falls, Minnesota. R. D. took care of the financial side of the business while Charles managed the operation of the mill and dealt with personnel issues. R. D. became president of the Pine Tree Lumber Company and its retail sales outlet firm, the Morrison County Lumber Company (formed in 1907), after the death of Charles in 1930. Influential in organizing the American National bank, R. D. served as bank president from 1928 until 1945 when he became chairman of the board of directors, a position he held until his death. R. D. was a member of the Masonic Lodge and the Zuhrah Temple in the Shrine and served on the board of trustees for Carleton College.
64. Sarah “Sally” Walker Musser (d.1953). Born in Glens Falls, New York, Sarah “Sally” Walker married Richard Drew (R. D.) Musser on June 3, 1903. The Mussers had four children – one son, Peter, who died in infancy; an adopted daughter, Mary (Mrs. Alan Gilmore); a foster daughter, Alice (Mrs. Edward C. Davidson); and Laura Jane Musser (see below). With her husband, Sally Walker helped to build the golf course and country club in Little Falls and assisted in the formation of the Little Falls Carnegie Library. Sally served as Chairman of Child Welfare Work for Morrison County (1918), helped to organize the Civic League of Little Falls, was on the state board of education, was a member of the local Child Interest Club and was prominent in the organization of the Musical Art Club in Little Falls, serving as club president for two consecutive years (1914 and 1915).
65. Laura Jane Musser (1916-1989). Musician and philanthropist. Daughter of Richard Drew (R. D.) and Sarah Walker Musser, Laura Jane attended the Juilliard School of Music in New York, graduating with a degree in piano and composition. A patron of education and the arts, Laura Jane sponsored high school scholarship programs and served on the Little Falls school board, the State Arts Board and the Minneapolis Symphony Board. Laura Jane helped finance several beautification projects in the city of Little Falls, including renovations to the Cass Gilbert Depot and the Little Falls Carnegie Library. Laura Jane shared her love of music with the area by offering free piano lessons and by sponsoring concerts in Little Falls that were given by such internationally-known musicians as pianist Van Cliburn and opera star Marian Anderson. Laura Jane was a member of several organizations, including the Morrison County Historical Society, the Minnesota Historical Society and the International Wizard of Oz Club. She was also active in the formation of a museum for the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Indians.
66. Louise Erdrich
67. Jessica Lange
68. Keri Pickett
69. Duane Bobick
70. Gale Gillingham