Collections Carousel – Photos of O. A. Churchill Store/Muske Implement Building, circa 1985

Until its demolition in 1988, the O. A. Churchill Store, also known as the Muske Implement Building, was the oldest standing commercial structure in central Minnesota. Built in 1855 at the northeast corner of First Street and Broadway in downtown Little Falls, Minnesota, the building housed the store during the…

Continue reading

Collections Carousel – First National Bank of Little Falls Coin Bank

Established in 1889, the First National Bank of Little Falls, Minnesota, was the first national bank to be organized in Morrison County. The bank’s founding was a mark of the rapid growth of the progressive central Minnesota community. Many of the original incorporators were influential men with ties throughout the…

Continue reading

Collections Carousel – LeBlanc Fillet Knife

Knifemaking is an art form requiring meticulous craftsmanship and a critical eye. Morrison County native and retired Brigadier General, Gary LeBlanc (1944-2016), obviously had those skills. This beautiful fillet knife was made by LeBlanc after he took up the craft as a hobby following his retirement after thirty-seven years of…

Continue reading

Collections Carousel – Duck-Billed Push Pole, Circa 1955

An essential tool for wild rice harvesting, the duck-billed push pole was used to move a canoe through the thick stands of rice that grow in Minnesota waters. The hinged metal “duck-billed” end of the long wooden pole helped the poler, the person handling the pole, find leverage in the…

Continue reading