During the Morrison County Historical Society’s 2019 annual program, the organization will be holding a silent auction. This year’s program, which will take place Monday, September 30 at the Morrison County Government Center in Little Falls, features guest speaker Mitch Bender.
Bender is a professor of environmental studies at St. Cloud State University who has a side interest in the history of tattoo. His presentation is called “Pin-ups, Anchors, and Hearts,” which will explore the history of tattoo between World War I and the Vietnam War.
In the social hour prior to the presentation, attendees will have a chance to bid on several silent auction items, including:
- A basket containing a hand-turned wooden bowl and diamond willow walking stick
- A Starry Eyed Brewing growler package
- 2 tickets to a matinee performance of the Phantom of the Opera at the Orpheum
- A genealogy research package
- A basket of lemonade-making supplies including a set of 8 vintage mid-century glasses
- A basket containing 2 vintage Culver rocks glasses and Maker’s Mark whiskey
The social hour will also feature students from the Pierz Art Club, who will apply henna, a form of non-permanent body art, to those in attendance. Local tattoo artists will also be available to discuss their art.
Social hour for the MCHS annual program starts at 6 p.m., with the annual meeting of the Morrison County Historical Society starting at 7 p.m. and “Pin-ups, Anchors, and Hearts” to follow. A light dessert will be served during the evening.
This event is open to the public. The cost is $25 + tax ($26.84) per person. Make reservations by calling 320-632-4007 or online at https://squareup.com/store/morrison-county-historical-society.