This photo postcard shows a view of three school buildings in Royalton, Minnesota. The oldest building is in the front and was built in 1890 to replace a two-story wood frame school that had burned the year before. According to Frank B. Logan in his book, Historical Sketches of Royalton and Vicinity (1930), “(t)he building was occupied until 1889, when it caught fire from a defective chimney at the noon hour and was completely destroyed.” Until the new brick school was built the following year, classes were held at the Presbyterian church and in an unoccupied store. The second oldest structure (back-left) was constructed a few years later and served as the high school until 1911, when the third structure (back-right) was built. The three buildings were torn down in 1974 by two local residents, Les Benusa and Victor Oelrich. The present Royalton elementary school was constructed in 1963 and the high school was built in 1970.